Each year JIME publishes reviews of some of the latest books released on the topics of educational technology and the role of multimedia technologies in higher education. The below titles are currently available to review:
- Social Media in Higher Education: Case Studies, Reflections and Analysis'. C. Rowell (editor). 2019
- Creativity and Critique in Online Learning. Baxter, Jacqueline, Callaghan, George, McAvoy, Jean (Eds.) 2019
- An Urgency of Teachers: The Work of Critical Digital Pedagogy. Morris & Stommel. 2018
- Tech Request: A Guide for Coaching Teachers in the Digital World. Emily L. Davis, Brad Currie. 2018
- More than a Moment: Contextualizing the Past, Present, and Future of MOOCs. Steven D. Krause. 2020
Reviewers should in the first instance email Paola Trimarco, Book Reviews Editor, with an expression of interest. This should include a brief biographical description indicating your suitability as a reviewer and a list of all volumes you would be willing to review. (Reviews are commissioned on a first-come, first served basis for qualified reviewers.) Reviews are due on the 31st March 2020 and will be published in the summer edition of JIME.
Reviews should be around 1500-2000 words long and should focus on the relevance of the volume for educational technologists, instructional designers, and educators working in higher education institutions.